AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System)
Sitasys provides fingerprint capture devices and maintains the Swiss AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System) on behalf of the Swiss Federal Office of Police (fedpol). The central system processes and stores fingerprint data for the Swiss police forces (Federal Police, Cantonal Police units), the Swiss Border Guard Corps (GWK) and the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).
Our main tasks include:
• delivery and maintenance of the fingerprint identification system incl. capture devices
• maintenance of the AFIS system
• system management
• efficient user support
• preventive maintenance for increased system security
• fast and efficient troubleshooting
On behalf of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM), Sitasys operates the identification and registration of asylum seekers in the federal refugee admission centers.
This includes the following tasks:
• taking and processing of identity card pictures
• registration of fingerprints with an electronic scanner (LiveScan)
• supporting administrative tasks